Updating your system’s firmware can be a challenge. Why? Because many manufacturers only supplies Windows based software for updating your systems firmware and this can be quite annoying.
Some times it might be necessary to repair your system due to damage boot area and/or files or you have a malware attack you need to clean up.
Below is listed some of the multiple choices you have when it comes to maintenance or emergency repair.
- Hiren Boot CD (https://www.hirensbootcd.org)
- FalconFour Ultimate Boot CD (https://falconfour.wordpress.com)
- SystemRescueCD (http://www.sysresccd.org)
- Ultimate Boot CD (http://www.ultimatebootcd.com)
- Ultimate Boot CD for Windows (http://www.ubcd4win.org)
- Trinity Rescue Kit (http://trinityhome.org)
- Grml Live Linux Debian based (https://grml.org>
- Boot-Repair-Disk (http://sourceforge.net/projects/boot-repair-cd/)
- Windows System Reparations Disk (http://windows.microsoft.com)
- PuppyLinux (wikka.puppylinux.com)
- Ubuntu LiveCD (https://help.ubuntu.com)
- Knoppix (https://knoppix.net)
- ALT Linux Rescue (https://en.altlinux.org)